Answer: Last Updated: Sep 26, 2017 Views: 3
To receive alerts notifying you when new results are available for your PubMed search, first you'll have to create a My NCBI account. To do so:
- Click the Sign in to NCBI link in the upper right corner of the PubMed screen.
- Next, below the login box, click Register for an NCBI account.
- On the next screen, complete the registration form, creating for yourself a unique username and password, choosing an email address (which will be the only address you can use to receive search alerts), and establishing a security question/answer.
Once you've created a My NCBI account, follow these steps to set up a search alert:
- Run your search.
- Just beneath the search box, click Create Alert.
- Complete the form to create your search alert settings.
If you're unable to find your answer in our FAQs, please Ask Us!